Sunday, November 19, 2017

Review and Reflection for The Sorrow Of War

Review

The Sorrow of War involves plenty of tragedies. It involves war,death, and love. The main character Kien has experienced a lot of pain. Even though, Kien was not fighting in the war no more he was fighting within himself. The novel showed intense events that occured in the war. Kien wrote about his life to rid of his pain and demons. After reading this novel, I learned that their are plenty of ways to express your pain.

Reflection

Throughtout reading the book I noticed how Kien lost many people close to him. Kien could not never experience happiness for a long period of time. The character Kien reminds me of myself. He is using some form of art to express his pain, which is something I do. I could not help but feel for the character Kien and his losses. The book is very dreadful. The author Bao Ninh makes the book very gloomy but still fascinating.

1 comment:

Book Review of "Fences"

   The play "Fences" is a tragedy, written by August Wilson. The play's setting is in 1957 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  The p...